Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MckLinky Blog Hop - Favorite Recipe


We have so many favorite recipes that it is always hard to choose. I chose Swedish Meatballs because it is one of our family favorites. Hope you enjoy. They are really easy to make and are made with ingredients most of us have in our kitchen.

Swedish Meatballs:

1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
3/4 cup milk
2 T onion
4 T butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t pepper
1 egg
1/4 cup flour
2 cans cream of mushroom soup

Soak bread crumbs in milk. Saute onion in butter; add to bread crumbs. Combine beef, seasonings, egg, and bread crumb mixture. Form the mixture into balls. Roll in flour. Melt butter in pan and saute the meatballs. Put one can of soup in the bottom of a 9 x9 pan. Put meatballs on top then put the second can of soup on top. Bake for 1 hour at 250*.

We serve them over buttered noodles. You can also use rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy.
MckLinky Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. I would love to try this recipe, but Greg told me that years and years ago, he had Swedish Meatballs from some place and it was a bad experience. You know how you associate a bad experience with food and it doesn't allow you to eat the food again? Ah well, I can't cook this for him. Now, I'm wondering ~ why can't I have a bad experience with chocolate? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. You can't go wrong with meatballs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best recipe for swedish meatballs. I still use this one every time I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! I will try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, nummm, numm, num.

    I bet my man would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...