Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February Thaw

When it gets to 40 degrees in February in Wisconsin, it is sometimes not a good thing. The snow melts fast and has no where to go, but into the basement.

Can you see how close the water is to going into this window?

Kylee loved it. She got to put her rubber boots on and play in the water. She was pretty wet by the time we went in the house.

First Brian tried to move the snow and water with the tractor. That moved the slushy stuff but not the water so good.

Then along cam the truck with the snow plow. That worked great. It was kind of weird to see him plowing the back yard.


I don't know if you can see it very well on this picture but check out the water he is pushing in front of the plow!


And another sweep through. He did this for about an hour. We now have a small lake on the edge of the lawn. That's ok, it is far away from the house.


Then Cole had to get in on the action with his wheeler. I think he enjoyed this mess. He stayed out and pushed water around for a couple hours after Brian was done. So............anyone out there had to do such a thing before or does this just show you what "Wisconsonites" have to put up with?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure this looks crazy to most people but tonight driving home I never seen so many flooded yards ever and where does all that water go????? Our basements!!

    Good luck and I hope it just keeps getting warmer, I tired of the cold.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    The photo of water by the basement window gives me a feeling of helplessness. But, the photos of Brian plowing the yard absolutely horrifies me because that is exactly what we did when we lived in the U.P. of Michigan! Now you know what we were talking about when we said we would hire an end-loader to move snow out of the yard. I know it does`nt make you feel any better knowing we have been there, done that and, got the T-shirt, and the Yooper Scooper to prove it! but, well, had to say it.
    Love yu Gize!
    Hope a desert heat wave comes through tonight and dries up all your puddles!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks like those boys were having fun out there. I know when Lorin plows (especially the pond) it takes him forever. (I think he just likes playing in the snow and water - just like when he was a kid.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...