Thursday, October 8, 2009

Which Sweet Treat is the Winner?

Well I found out that I am no Bakerella. We made some of her treats last night. Why did we take on such a task you ask? Our church is having a booth on the 31st for our town's Harvest Days weekend. We thought this would be a great fundraiser, and have a little fun doing it. Our main product is a full size piece of cheesecake (frozen), dipped in chocolate, on a stick. YUMMY!!

They are a bit large for children though. We need something for the kids. Something fun, and of course sweet. I of course went right to Bakerella.

These cake pops caught my eye right away. You can check out all the different varieties here.
We thought we would stick with just a couple, since we are rookies at this. This was our trial run to see what treat would be the easiest to make, since we have to make lots of them.

The Cake Pops were fairly easy to make. The only trouble we had was getting the orange candy melt to stay at the right consistency. It was too thick and we had to spoon it on, resulting in a very thick candy shell. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep that stuff at the right temp? We used a double boiler.


Next we made these little Pumpkin Pie Bites. They look adorable and taste fabulous. But........they were a bit of the pain to get those little crusts into the little cups. One batch only made 24 of these little guys. A bit too much work for what we're doing. As far as taste goes, these were definitely number one. Our target is children, would they go for this over the cake pop? I don't think so. Am I telling myself this because they were too much work? I think so.

And finally we made these Chocolate Spider Cookies. They were pretty easy to make (after we read the directions)

Now we have to decide what to make for our booth on the 31st. My winning vote is the cake pops for sure. I think they will draw the most attention, because they are so unique. And.......kids will love them and beg their parents into buying them!

9 comments:

  1. Girl! These look amazing. I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made the cake pops before, and I thought they were a pain! I have never made them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun experimenting with the different things. The pumpkin pie bites definitely were the best tasting. I think we need to just add some oil right away to the orange coating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go for the spider thingees. They look super good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take a couple of each--they all look just yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them we are going to try and make caramel apples tomorrow we will see how that turns out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cake pops. They would definitely catch a kid's attention. My 3 love anything sweet on a stick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I Loved Candy Cigarettes too! I also liked the sticks out of the fun dip packages! Your halloween sweets look Amazing!! I really am impressed with the Pumpkin pie bites, I'm so hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it wrong that I am craving cupcakes at 9.30 AM???? They all look so great! I really love the cake pops and spider cupcakes! So those 2 get my vote! If I had to choose between those 2, then I think I would choose the cake pops cuz they are kinda unique! Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...