Saturday, October 24, 2009

How Does This Happen?

Are you kidding me? I thought my hair felt a little funny when I got up this morning so I had to take a look in the mirror. This is what I saw! How does this happen? Who came into my bedroom last night with a comb and ratted my hair for me? My hair is "normally" pretty straight.

Unless........

It has to do with the fact that I haven't left the house since noon on Wednesday. Can you believe that? Those of you who know me personally I'm sure that doesn't shock you too much.

When we built our home 13 years ago I didn't leave the house for 2 weeks! No kidding. Never walked out the door!! I know that seems totally unimaginable to some of you, but I do love to be home.

Honestly at this point I need to get out of here! In the past 72 hours I have eaten a whole loaf of homemade bread, half a cheese pizza, a bag of chips with a container of dip, and finished off the gallon of vanilla ice cream (with caramel on it of course). If I don't get out of here soon, I am going to blow up like a big turd!

Ok, I have vented now. I'm off to Patti's house to make our cake pops for next Saturday's sale for church.

Hope you all have a great day.

17 comments:

  1. YOur post made me laugh out loud. Blow up like a big turd. Too funny. That is some wild hair. Maybe you have a squirrel trying to make a nest while you sleep. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must of been some wild dream you had! Get out of that house, girl, you need some fresh air! I am a homebody myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures cracked me up. Did you take them yourself? I can't figure out why I look so awful in the morning after I've had a good night's sleep. Seems like we should look better, not worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jules...that his hysterical:) I too love just hanging out at home and not venturing out anywhere. I get away with it more when there is snow on the ground and I don't have to get out of my flannels for days

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't leave your house I can't seem to find the time to be in my house except to sleep. I love being home but I'm pretty sure 2 weeks I would have couch sores and a big ole' hinder. Seriously that is quite the rat's nest (as I say to Elly when combing her long thick hair), Maybe you have natural curly hair and all this time you've been combing them out.

    Uhhhh Hummmmm my blog icon is still stuck on that horride picture... your killing me here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was too cute!

    I'm a homebody too, and that wouldn't bother me one bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly that post was hysterical! I love being at home too :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughing at your hair! It looks as though you went to bed with wet hair, erm, or maybe not.... Did you drive in a convertible car with the top down? Get caught in your ceiling fan? LOL You know, there are times when I don't leave the house for days too. I'm content here. I love my world and glad to hear that you do too.

    Now, come on over to my blog and try to win the pretty scarf that I am giving away. It would look grand with that ratted hairdo of yours... LOL

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have that happen to my hair, but it was my cats doing it in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love being home too and often spend most of my summer days without leaving the house, but I must say I have never had a knot like that in the back of my head...OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I see a rat in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, Jules, I found you through Darcie's blog and the sweet comment you left her about her anniversary.

    I was laughing out loud when I read your post! Anyone that can do that for me is going on my "favorite blogs" list. Thanks for the laugh.

    You have a lovely blog here and an even lovelier family. I look forward to getting to know you better.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my house, we call that a visit from the tangle fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like me sometimes. Now that we live so far from town, I stay home more. Nice hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a home body. I have to admit. If I didn't have the office to come to, I'd stay at home. Though after a week or so, I might want to crawl the walls. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could have written this! I just love, love, love staying home, especially with my little loves. There is nothing like it!! {grin}

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...