Saturday, July 18, 2009

Welcome Rain

It has been raining on and off for the last couple days. It is wonderful. Our lawn was beginning to turn brown. The only nice thing about that is we don't have to mow every 3 or 4 days. But we'll take the rain and the plush green lawn instead of the brown picky one. We haven't really had summer yet, just a few days a couple weeks ago. Today it is only 56 degrees the last that I looked. BRRRRRR.

The rain filled up my crock on the back patio. My flowers will love that this week. Do you know what these crocks sell for at antique stores? I found a 20 and they wanted $275.00 for it! That is crazy. This 25 is pretty big and just perfect for catching the rain water for my plants. Some antique dealer somewhere would love to get their hands on this one. They can't have it, it's mine. That is an old minnow bucket sitting next to it. That's what I use to water my flowers with. Nothing fancy here. Enjoy the rain.
signature

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. I need to get a rain barrel for out garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get rain? No rain here - my rain barrel is empty!! Lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...