Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Birthday Present from My Wonderful Husband

Cole and I have been wanting a porch ever since we built our house, and now we have one! Isn't it just beautiful. Dorchester Meyer Builders built it (they also built our home three years ago). We absolutely LOVE what they do.

Here you can see that we finally did some landscaping as well. Cole brought in and positioned all of the boulders. My mom and I laid all the plastic, scooped the mulch and planted all the plants and trees. (I learned that I do NOT like to plant things. It's a good thing my mom loves to!)

Now my evenings are spent out on the porch reading my book (YadaYada, of course. Yes, my mom got me hooked!) and drinking a glass of Diet Pepsi over ice. Felicity drinks her milk on the porch snuggled up in my arms, and then I put her to bed. Then, I get to spend the rest of the night reading, relaxing and enjoying this beautiful home that God has blessed me with.

I do have to send out a HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband for all of his hard work to pay for our new porch and landscaping. What a sweetheart! We miss you and love you very much Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Tracy. I can't wait to see it in person. Too bad it's so cold outside. Hopefully it will warm up soon so you can enjoy it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can enjoy your porch, I must live too far south it's freezing here and my porch even has a patio heater on it....

    It looks great and I'm glad your enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks really nice. What a great place to sit!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...