Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekly Blog Hop - Favorite Recipe


Most people call these cookies "No Bake Cookies." Growing up at our house, a dairy farm in Wisconsin, they are called "Oatmeal Fudgies." With 5 older brothers it was tough to get a taste of these gooey delights. Once I was grown and got my own place I could make them and eat as many as I want! I have been known to eat almost the whole batch. The belly-ache after isn't so great. Make them today, but make sure you hide a few for yourself.


Oatmeal Fudgies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/2 cup milk

Boil these three ingredients until the sugar dissolves.

Add:
3 cups oatmeal (I use instant)
1 cup coconut
4 T cocoa
1 t vanilla

Mix well, eat many.


MckLinky Blog Hop
signature

15 comments:

  1. Those look good, i have to try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, but I can never get them to turn out!!! And I can cook and bake just about anything. These have been the bane of my existence for years....

    Maybe I'll have to give them another try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohh you made me hungry for some. Do you have any made? I'll come over and eat half the batch and you eat the other half, that way it won't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your evil I forgot all about these with 11 kids we only got about 1 cookie a piece and now I never, ever make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cookies look good... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my......you sure made my mouth water. Now I can't get these cookies out of my pregnant mind! I think I need to make some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is Lorin's favorite. They never last long around here either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my hubby's fave!!!

    You've got a pretty darn cute blog yourself! Thanks for stopping by my place!!

    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love the idea of no bake cookies. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your cookies look great. I have had a slightly different version before where instead of coconut you use peanut butter (not sure how much). I had forgotten all about them until I saw your recipe :) I'll have to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by our blog! These cookies look amazing, definitely trying them out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Hmmmm, these look yummy - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my...those look delicious...

    I can see why you could eat the whole batch...I totally support you in that too.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband LOVES these and I've never had the recipe! I guess now I'll have to make them : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness!! I love these stinkin cookies! I think I must go make some on my lunch today!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...