Friday, July 3, 2009

Flashback Friday

Boy oh boy did we ever have fun with this car. I tried to drive it one time. Yep, just once. The shifter was sloppy and I couldn't get it into gear. Brian got frustrated with me so I never drove it again. Check out the dice from the mirror and the Playboy air freshener in the back. (I hated that thing) This car was his baby and looking back I wish I would have loved it as much as he did. I am not a car person, at all. I don't know makes or models or years. Only colors. I probably couldn't even name what kind of car most of you drive that I see all the time. But I would know the color. I do know that Deb's white car thingy has a really funny name, starts with an E I think. Patti's is .......um.......black. Whatever. This game is not one of my strengths.


Don't we look cool. This was taken at the park where the riverwalk is now. It must have been spring, no leaves on the trees. That is Patti sitting with me. We took her everywhere with us even when she didn't want to and probably shouldn't have gone. I think she got exposed to some things that she wouldn't have at her age.
Sure wish we had this car today. By the way, it is a 1969 Chevelle.

6 comments:

  1. Chevy Chevelles were da bomb back in the day and are probably more expensive to buy today than back then. Yellow ones were way cool, dudette... lol

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! I'm not a car person either. I couldn't name a car to save my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously you all look about 12, I can't say as I remember that car back then since I too am not a car person. John picks the type and style and I get to pick the color and of course I MUST have heated seats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's nice to meet you. Your blog is very interesting. I like the Flashback Friday posts, those are fun! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That car was a beauty!

    I’m Blog Hopping! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July.

    Please stop by Lin's Duck and Wheel With String to vote for me, Lola, in her First Official Dork-Off Contest. Vote for my photo, because my kindergarten photo is THE dorkiest.

    http://duckandwheelwithstring.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-dork-off.html

    Thanks!
    Lola

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...