Monday, January 17, 2011

Meet Me on Monday

Blogging  is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read  and yet most of the time we find ourselves sitting and wondering, "who is  this person!?"  I know them...but yet I don't know them!  I want  to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought I would join Java at Never Growing Old for Meet Me on Monday for a great  way for all of us to "meet" each other!


Questions: 

1.  Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?
2.  Do you read the newspaper daily?
3.  Marinara or meat sauce?
4.  Last time you cried?
5.  What word/phrase do you find really annoying?
---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?
I love my ice cream in a bowl smothered in caramel.

2. Do you read the newspaper daily?
That would be pretty tough to do around here. I have no interest in the bigger papers and our local newspaper only comes out once a week. I just look at the pictures and if something catches my eye I will read the article. I guess this is why I am not too much up on what is going on outside of my little world. (I used this paper because guess who that is in the red on the front cover? Me! I was helping wrap presents at our church for the local giving tree.)


3. Marinara or meat sauce?
 Marinara for sure, I'm not too much of a meat eater.


4. Last time you cried?
I'm not a big crier so I don't remember. Things can tear me up, but it has to be pretty serious for me to actually cry. 

Funny that this question came up today. I have a question for you ladies. For the last couple days my eye has been constantly watering. I mean to where I have tears running down my face. There's no pain or itching or anything. What the heck could this be?


5. What word/phrase do you find really annoying?
It doesn't get any more annoying than that. What happened to "I'm sorry"



20 comments:

  1. Amen to the "my bad" saying. I despise it! I could probably write a whole list of annoying words/phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with the "my bad" thing! Really annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of you on that phrase but, I also agree with Tara - I could write a list! Funny, I have been reading this each week for the past few and I guess I know you pretty well....so far I have been able to answer just about all of them about you and was right! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jules,
    It sounds like you have a blocked tear duct. This exact same thing happened to me several years ago. I went to the eye doctor to have it checked out. What they ended up doing is, and this sounds gross but didn't hurt at all, they put a needle in my tear duct and shot some fluid through there. When I could start to feel the fluid drain in the back of my throat, the duct was cleared and I've never had the problem since! It only took a few minutes.
    I will stress the point that this DID NOT hurt at all!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree..."My BAD" tries me crazy!!! What really tries me crazy...when I hear it so much that I accidentally say it!!

    Strange about your eye tearing up...could it be sinuses? I honestly have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved getting to knoow more about you! I love choc ice cream with marshmellow creme over the top...YUMMO! I am a crier...can cry at the bat of an eye...hubby hates it! lol Weird about your eye...not sure but hope it gets better soon...I am sure more annoying than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first two answers would have been mine exactly. And hate the my bad thing to and I really hate the, Oh shut up! thing...just awful. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I saw you comment over at my Pink place TrulySimplyPink
    TrulySimplyPink so decided to come on over and check you out...I like it over here so I am now a new follower! You sure have a lot of us!
    Pinkim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teary eyes may be due allergies. I know mine will do this sometimes. Perhaps the tears do not stream down my face, but I get puddles in the corner of my eyes. Does that make sense? LOL Thanks for coming by today!


    http://cathykennedystories.blogspot.com/2011/01/meet-me-on-monday-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the eyes. My eye doc told me it can be due to dry eyes (something about hormones and women over 35, but I am ignoring that part) you could try some eyedrops?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ice cream looks awesome! I didn't join in today but I am enjoying reading everyones answers.
    I stay away from reading the paper and even watching the news. I just can't stand all the sad stuff anymore. I live in my own little world. I don't do meat sauce very often, I like it plain too. My Bad is a cheap way to say I'm sorry, I don't like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love caramel on ice cream. Yum!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking at so many pictures of ice cream I'm about to talk Honeybunny into a trip to DQ. I'm curious about the eye tearing thing - my eye has done that for years and my youngest daughter has the same problem.

    PS - ROTFLMAO is rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off - also known as ROTFL or LOL (laugh out loud) - pretty tired of all of them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and leaving a comment. I enjoyed reading your answers, too, but your video montage on the previous post took my breath away! I watched the entire thing. What a fabulous song your hubby wrote and recorded for you, too! May the two of you have many more years of happiness together. (My hubby and I are headed for #39 this year)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, does that ice cream look good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe your newspaper only comes once a week. I knew you were remote, but holy cow . . . :) I love reading your answers for the blog hop. You've been one of my favorite bloggers for a long time, but I don't know how else I'd have ever known you liked caramel sauce!!!! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  17. My left eye has been tearing too! Not a inner tear but an outer tear!
    I just thought it was something with the weather or in the air. But maybe it's an AGE thing? I don't know but if you find out let me know!
    Hope you are having a great week~!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That caramel sauce in that photo looks so yummy!
    I totally agree with you on the My bad thing. Why can't people say oops, sorry, I made a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "My bad" drives me bonkers, too! What fun to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "My Bad" annoys me too even though I have been known to say it if I am being sarcastic. I also can't stand for someone to say "Um" after every word....UGH!

    I have the tear problem too and it's usually related to my sinuses.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...