Friday, September 25, 2009

27 Years.........Wow

Today is our 27th wedding anniversary. That just seems crazy to me. I don't feel old enough to have been married that long.

We met when I was 14 and I have never had another boyfriend. I know that's odd but it worked for us. When we got married a lot of people said we were too young (18) and we would never make it. Believe me, the road to this point wasn't always easy. Marriage is hard work, but I have to admit as the years went on things for us have gotten easier.



We get along great and are definately best friends.

I love this guy.....
Here we are today, all grown up. Our kids are grown and moved out, we have a beautiful granddaughter, and another one on the way. Life is good.

Tomorrow is our son's wedding day. We adore the girl he is marrying, she is a sweetheart. We are excited for them to begin their journey in life and wish them the best. My biggest prayer for them is to become best friends forever, just like we have grown to become.

Happy Anniversary Hon,
Happy Life to Andy & Casey.

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Loved the pictures. You two are a beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! WOW' 27 years, WAY TO GO! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Best wishes to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest story! Happy Anniversary and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Happy Anniversary!!! Best wishes to your son and his bride-to-be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to both of you. What a wonderful day for you and tomorrow will hopefully be the beginning of many blessings for Andy and Casey. Lots of Love - Julee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story touches me...mainly because we share the same story. I meant my husband when I was 14...married when I was 18...and he now is my dearest and best friend.

    You are a lovely couple...Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary. I just love to hear stories like this!


    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    It really makes a difference when you like the daughter in law doesn't it? We got lucky in that dept too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww.....many happy returns to you both. You are inspiring:-)

    Thanks so much for swinging by my blog on my Sits Day last week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! You look even prettier now than you did in your gorgeous wedding photos! (Please tell me how you did that???)

    Blessings this fun weekend for you... can't wait to hear how it goes!

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! Happy Anniversary. Hop on over to my blog. I have something for your.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWWWW....Happy Anniversary!
    You certainly do not look like you could have been married for 27 years.
    You look so young (share your tips).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! That is awesome!!! Here's to another 27 years! Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! Ya'll sound a lot like my cousin and her hubby. They met at a young age, never dated anyone else and got married at 18. They have three beautiful children and she looks far too young to have a daughter getting ready for college! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...