Monday, February 14, 2011

HVD and RSV

Happy Valentines Day everyone. I am very thankful to be spending it with my sweetie. Thanks to an airline ticket to Georgia. The weather here is about 70 degrees warmer than from when I left home two days ago. That's crazy!





Now on to this little peanut. Four days ago I went with Tracy to the ER for Haddie. She had croup, again. She got her meds and we were sent home.

Yesterday she was getting worse so back to the ER they went. It turned out she has RSV and the start of pneumonia. Poor little thing.

Now Haddie is five months old but only weighs just over 12 pounds. Just a tiny little peanut.

They gave her a nebulizer (not sure how to spell that) treatment and some antibiotics for the pneumonia and sent her home! Yikes. That scared me a little. She had to do another treatment before bed and again in the middle of the night.

They had to take turns watching her throughout the night for any changes in her breathing, color or if her temp goes back up.

I haven't talked to them yet this morning to see how their night went. They have an appointment this morning to take both girls in. Since RSV is so contagious they have to have Felicity checked. She has been coughing a lot this weekend too.

And of course since we all spend almost every day together this little guy is running a fever and coughing too. He is headed in to the doctor this morning too.

Please send prayers their way today....


16 comments:

  1. We are having fabulous weather for sure!

    Hope all the babies get well! So very scary and I know everybody is exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day Jules!
    I hope you and your sweetie have a nice day together.

    I also hope everyone starts to feeling better...much better. How scary!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...the weather here in Georgia couldn't be more perfect...ENJOY!!! Sure hope and pray your grandbabies get well real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this Georgia weather too:) IO sure hope your little ones get well soon. Little Z our foster had RSV the last week of Dec and he still has the lingering cough. That's some yucky stuff and it's hard on the little ones. Prayers going up for you & yours. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our little one had RSV with Pneumonia last year. Its pretty hard on them. And all those who do care for them. Praying your Grandbabies and all caring for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww...praying now...God love it,,,I hate to see wee ones sick! My 5 year old had pneumonia a few weeks ago and it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know RSV is quite serious, sure hope that your little peanut is doing better soon. I remember those long nights keeping watch over a sick baby. Prayers for the parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she gets feeling better. This is the 4th case of RSV I have heard of. It must be going around right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope they feel better soon. RSV is hard on the little ones. Prayers...

    precious pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been praying for all of them, moms and dads included all day. Hope they are better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dad and I drove out to check on the family. Haddie was much improved Tracy said- fever broke and she was playing. Felicity has an ear infection and Jack has an infection too, so all three are on medication.A close watch on that little one. I'm proud of Tracy and Cole the way they are working together to bring the girls back to good health. Lord, listen to your children praying~~have fun in the sun you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh JUles, those poor little babes! I will for sure say some prayers that they recover soon.
    And I know that you worry but try and enjoy your precious time with Brian.
    It's fleeting. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you to be in the warm sunshine! Have a blast with your sweetie.
    Very sorry to hear about your little ones. Prayers for them for sure.
    Enjoy and have a relaxing time.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weather here in NC is suppose to be splendid this weekend! I can't wait! I am ready to shake off this cabin fever! I hope you are having a great time with your hubby!

    Poor babies! RSV is no fun! I hope they all recover and feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh - poor little babies (and their parents!!!) I will definitely say a prayer for everyone. I hope things are looking up today.

    Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you. I am so glad you got to thaw out and enjoy it : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. All your little peanuts are in my prayers. Good luck to everyone. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...