Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Wrap Up

I started this post to be a wrap up for the whole year. Trying to decide on just one picture for each month was tough. Since December had so many I thought I would just start there.

This first picture has no special even attached to it, I just love the picture. Obviously she LOVES chocolate pudding.

This was Felicity's first year helping to make Christmas cookies. What an adventure! She had more flour on her chair and the floor than on the counter. She also took many bites of the dough as we were cutting them out. The rule in our house is: If you don't like germs, don't eat anything Felicity helps to cook.

Felicity and her Mommy.

Kylee and I went to church for a whole day and helped hand out gifts off the Giving Tree. We had so much fun. She loved giving the presents to the kids.

We went to Kylee's preschool Christmas program. I don't have any picture of the whole group. My camera wasn't working so well in that gym lighting. This was taken after the program in her classroom. I love the Charlie Brown tree.

After church on Christmas eve we went to my parents house. I didn't take very many pictures that night either. My Dad doesn't like his picture taken but I did snap this one with Felicity.

We bought Felicity a trunk of dress up things. She loved it! It was the first present she opened on Christmas morning and I think she would have been happy with only that.

But of course we couldn't stop there. As you can see she already had to put on one of the outfits from the trunk. She also loved the little kitchen we got her. Now she can do her own cooking.

Every year my brother and sister in law hold an open house. It started off with just our family but has now grown into a huge event. Anyone who has no other plans on Christmas day are welcome to join us. And of course Santa has to make his appearance for the kids.

Felicity did NOT like Santa.

Here's some of the kids singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Then they all got to blow out the candles. (again, the germ rule applies here)

And the two who started the whole thing....my Dad and Mom.

From all of us at this crazy Rodman home......

Have a very Happy New Year!

13 comments:

  1. Loved the wrap up. Do you have a secret anti-aging potion? Because you look SO young and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cute! So glad we have connected, you are such a cute gal, you just make me smile! That Felicity is the queen of the family I think! Where did you get her little kitchen, looks like it is made of wood..cute! I think you look like your Dad..Have a great NEW YEAR! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!
    Great to have found your blog.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Jules! Love the wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Jules! I've really enjoyed finding your blog and I really appreciate you following mine! Looking forward to swapping lots more stories in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love about chocolate pudding smeared on a precious girl's face? That one will go down for the ages. It's hard to say what your favorite thing is when there's so much good going on. I am blessed to feel the same way. It's been so nice to "meet you" this year. I'm looking forward to what 2010 has to bring for all of us. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of pictures to wrap up the month of December! It's a busy month but such a wonderful month too!

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to your sweet family!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked some real gem photos, Jules. Happy New Year to you and the family--see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you are loving your little granddaughter..Oh the love!!
    She will like Santa better next year!!
    Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry Jules but I don't think that you could top that chocolate pudding face! No I don't think so.
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...