Monday, May 23, 2011

The '57 Chevy That Keeps Going

 Jack got his first ride in our '57 Chevy pickup truck the other day. It seems this truck always brings a smile to the face of everyone who rides in it.

 It is the loudest truck I've ever heard, but I guess that's what makes it so "cool."

 And of course there are no such things as seat belts in the old girl. 
Don't go and call the police on us, we didn't drive out on the highway with him standing there. 
We kept in on the roads in our little village.

 .......tear.......

 Now I have to tell a little history about this truck. This is a picture of Tracy in the summer of 1986. We went to a local car show and this truck was there. Brian put her there and took her picture and said, "someday I'm going to own that truck."

 Well that dream came true and we now own that exact truck that he sat Tracy on so many years ago.

 It has been used in many photo sessions around here.


 I'm sure someday Jack will be driving this loud old truck and driving his mama crazy while he squeals out of the driveway while trying to make the longest black marks on the highway.
(not that anyone around here has EVER done such a thing)

Better move out of the way......here he comes.

18 comments:

  1. GREATB GREAT POST!
    I want more story about the truck! How did he get it? When did he get it? MORE!!!!!!
    And yes... Jack will be driving that loud- cool truck- that is for sure!
    Thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog! Juls, I am working so hard to make something of this little BPB blog!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful truck! My husband has a '41 Chevy car that he's had since high school. It, too, always brings a smile. Love the pictures Of Jack in the truck. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun story. That last picture with the little guy peering out the window is just too much!!! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great...time goes so quickly doesn't it? We don't have a truck, but I saved my son's little bibbed overalls from when he was 2 and now we have pictures of both of his sons at 2 wearing them. Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just the sweetest pictures. LOVE the last one! I think he's ready to take over that steering wheel already! Glad the dream came true...seems like everybody is reaping the benefits from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackman looks more like his daddy everyday. Love the truck and the pics of him with his papa in it.....
    Don't know who was happier, Jackman or Brian....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL so cute and the louder the better! I want one just like it..but make mine red! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. PERFECT! I love it. I so wish my Dad still had his =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brings back some fun memories. We had an old truck growing up that we drove around the 'farm'. Your grandkids are going to have priceless memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that! What an awesome truck. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to watch out for any '57 Chevy pick ups on the road in what... 2026?

    Love the photo shoot! Everyone needs a vintage ride for just such moments.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this story - how wonderful and also no doubt poignant to see your grandson in the truck your daughter once sat on as a little girl. Time, where does it go. Tomorrow is the last day of preschool and my daughter will be in pre-K in the fall. Where did the last two years go I am wondering?

    You and your husband look like newly weds - no one would believe you are grandparents who did not already know so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That truck ROCKS!!! Love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an awesome truck! Love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed the story. To tell you the truth I never noticed the truck in your pictures before, but now that you've told the story I won't be able to miss it. Love the pictures of your grandson in the truck.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...