Monday, July 12, 2010

Do You Want Fries With That?

A few weeks ago we got this little gardening shed. It was all white and you know me, I don't really like white. I had to Julify it up a bit. I picked one of the hottest days to paint it. I painted, and sweated, and swatted at bugs all afternoon. When I finished I stepped back and went......."Oh no....Do you want fries with that?"

I thought it looked like McDonalds.

The yellow was all wrong. I took that can of paint right back into the store and had them change it up a bit into what I was really visioning.


Then I repainted it. Much better. I don't know if you can really tell from these pictures but there is a huge difference in the color. Now I really like it. I have my own space to put all my gardening tools, flower pots, and all my "prettys" for my yard that I have to store all those cold winter months.

Here's a shot of my little garden. We have downsized dramatically since it is just the two of us around here. It is the perfect size and produces just enough for us.



22 comments:

  1. Looks like a great shed to me. Having a place to put "stuff" makes things so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a building like that so we can clean out our garage. Everything in our garage is stuff we need or can't throw away. No junk.

    The shed does remind me of a big hamburger...you know lettuce, ketchup and mustard. I'm probably the only one who sees that...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I can see it. The first yellow looks florescent.. the end result.. much better. Cute shed and sweet little garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute shed. Good idea for storing gardening supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.....I'll have fries and a vanilla cone please..... I like the colors. I need to get mine done yet this summer. I have big plans but too much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every girl deserves her very own shed!
    Make sure you keep everyone else out! Great colors!!

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell a difference. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a perfect size garden! And I love your little "space for me"...very cute and just the right color too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, "Yes"...I would love fries with that. :-) How funny when things hit you like that...I think it looks great and you are for sure going to enjoy that extra storage space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is CUTE!!!

    Thanks for the prayers and well wishes you sent my way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Jules, you did a terrific job! I am a bit jealous, I would love a little shed like that!
    I don't like white either!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job painting!! I love the way your garden looks. I can't wait to show my husband the way you have it built up like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looked nice both ways, but the second yellow is more restful. Congratulations on a project well done. I know it feels satisfying to check a big project off your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my raised gardens too! Much less weeding to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got me wanting a shed of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute...you did a great job!

    Looks like you have just enough space above the doors for an old sign!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The final colors are definitely MUCH better than the first photo! HA! BTW, I received the Amish bonnet....Soooooo very cute! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and make it a large fry please. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so funny! I will take a sweet tea with my fries thank you! ;) it looks great! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're a grandmother?!!! No way! lol I just stumbled onto your blog and love it. I can't believe you guys have grandkids. You look awesome, you must being doing something right. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...