Friday, October 14, 2011

Something Beautiful


I've had a pretty uneventful week around here. 
The beautiful leaves have all fallen off the trees leaving them bare
and wintery-looking. 
It's raining and cold.
Winter is definitely on its way. 

Watching the last of these days disappear
feeling the air get colder
seeing the world get darker.
Memories of lying on the grass
of the sun warming my closed eyes.

Now, the warmth is gone
the sunshine is gone
the world has turned into something new
something colder, something darker
something different,

something Beautiful.
 


I am linking up with Java @ Never Growing Old for her Follow Friday: 40 and Over...

Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club. 
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers.




The RULES to join in are very simple!

1. Grab the button
2. Add your link to the list
3. Visit as many other blogs as you can
4. Follow the ones you like (and comment on their blog to say that you are following)

11 comments:

  1. I found you via Never Growing Old's Follow Friday 40 and Over blog hop. I love your pictures; they're beautiful. I love your prose, even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful grandkids.
    Isn't being grandma the best.

    I can't link up with the over 40.....Well, maybe if I said I was forty thirteen......

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute kids........gotta love 'em. Fall certainly crashed in today. At least we had beautiful weather for almost 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You too over 40??? Holy, smoking cows...can't believe it!! ;o) Love the photos....nothing like holding little hands....Have a wonderful weekend - and stay warm! It's down right blustery here! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family ;)

    Have a great weekend Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures of some adorable kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those family shots! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog always cheers me up. I love looking at all the pictures and keeping up with your grandchildren who are growing up!! I just might have to check out the over 40 blog hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fall photos of your wonderful family! We are blessed to live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin! Last week in the 80's wearing shorts--today wearing a winter coat and gloves!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...