Friday, June 17, 2011

Take A Walk With Me

 
 I've had a few people asking about the new name of my blog. It started as a little ongoing joke around our little neighborhood and has seemed to stick.

Brian and I bought 100 acres of my Dad & Mom's dairy farm. 
We built our home 16 years ago on that property. 

Jump ahead about 12 years, we gave Tracy & Cole some land where they built their home. A few years later Andy & Casey got married so we gave them a few acres too.

Now we all live in our own little "village." 

I thought I would take a walk around and show you our little part of the village. Now this is only the area that we mow. There is another 95 acres that I didn't get in these pics. Tracy and Andy's homes are not in these pictures. The first one is the view from the back east corner of our lawn.


 You can see why we had to get that huge zero turn lawn mower last year!
This one was taken on the back west corner.

 This is our little guest house. A few years ago we moved it from Brian's parents property to our place. It was NOT in this shape when we got it. We completely gutted the inside, drywalled it, new cabinets and flooring, and new siding. Isn't it adorable?

 This is inside the guest house. Here's the kitchen area.

 The living room. (even though it is just one big room)
The sofa makes into a full size bed.

 And the cute little bathroom.

 This is the view when standing over by the kitchen.
Won't you come and stay with us?

 This is coming up the back side of our house. 
My brother and I built this brick patio. 

 Then I walked to the front west corner of our lawn.

 This is the view from the front east corner of our lawn.

 My hubby's truck and his big garage.

 And back up toward the house.

 And last our all time favorite place to be in the summer. 
Our front porch.


 I'm saving a seat just for you...

We do a lot of "front porch sittin'" around here.

Now you've had the tour around our yard. 
We love our little ranch style house in the country.
Come visit sometime.

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely place! I love the idea of your "village."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck - can I move in to your little guest house???!! How adorable is that??!!! Thanks so much for the tour - you have a lovely home and village!!! What a wonderful family legacy....Have a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just love your village. What a wonderful idea. And the little guest house is perfect. My daughter lives on a dairy farm in New Mexico. Soo interesting. So glad I popped by. I will be back. : ) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little piece of the village is very nice Jules. That guest house is cozy! I wonder if you have a storm shelter out there?
    Thanks for the walk it was fun oh and you did a great job with the brick patio! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love all your property! I will come to visit :) It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely home, guest house, and acreage. So much privacy.. yet you have your loved ones close. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come stay in your little guest house for a week?!! You wouldn't even know I was there. Promise. (My kids are driving me nuts!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so beautiful and well maintained for such a large area! I love your little guest house! We really need something like that here since we live so far away from any lodging if we were to get company. I don't even have a guest room since I have kids at home still :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your place Jules, and to all be together like that, I would love that. Darling guest house..makes me want to visit!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your porch.

    I could see why you would want to sit out there as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT post Jules, and you are going to have people lined up ready to stay in that adorable guest house of yours!! So glad you and your kids can live so close by each other...pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH how awesome is that?! I love your house(s) in the village!
    I have to say the little guest house is SOOOO cute! I ♥ it. We too have a little guesthouse. Here in Las Vegas they call them casita's. Ours is one big room as well with a little bathroom and we too have a fold out couch. Only ours doesn't have the cute little kitchen area yours does. So nice!

    Your yard is awesome! And my husband would go crazy over a big garage like that! Also, What I wouldn't give to have a little yard space (yards are pretty small here in Vegas). Also, your porch is so inviting and nice. I would love to come visit and relax on that swing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is amazing! I just love that little guest house! What a cute place for guests to have their own place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...my fist thought..."dayum...that's a lot of lawn to mow!"

    But what a beautiful corner of the world you live in! What a darling guest house!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the tour, and the invite... We just may surprise you someday!

    What a blessing to have all of your peoples so near. I am as green as that beautiful lawn...

    xxoo, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this virtual walk around your homestead. You live in a beautiful place. Having your entire family around you must make it even more so for you. Your porch is beautiful, I could happily while away a few hours there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I come live in your guesthouse? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoyed the quick tour of your plantation. As all the above people have mentioned, your guest house is pretty cool. You have all your blog friends bugging their husbands for a guest house.

    I'm mostly impressed with how clean everything is. At one time I wanted to take pictures inside my house for my blog but could never get everything clean long enough to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a beautiful place! I love the little guest cottage....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved looking around your place!! It's so beautiful!!! Your guest house is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...