Friday, June 3, 2011

Muddly Puddle

A puddle, a puddle, a beautiful puddle
A beautiful puddle, a muddly puddle
A big beautiful muddly puddle

What'll I do?  What'll I do?  What'll I do?

I could close my eyes and just walk by
Or jump right over if I try
I could....I suppose....walk around the outside
And then I could...(splash!)

I simply had to decide.

A puddle, a puddle, a beautiful puddle
A beautiful puddle, a muddly puddle
A big beautiful muddly puddle

What'll I do?  What'll I do?  What'll I do?

So here I am right in the middle
You can only do this when you're little...
(splash splash splash splash)

I HAD to do it...HAD to do it!
It won't be here the next time I come by

A puddle, a puddle, a beautiful puddle
A beautiful puddle, a muddly puddle
A big beautiful muddly puddle

17 comments:

  1. I remembered every word and the whole tune! Who sang that song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I know the song but I have such good memories of playing in mud puddles when I was little. From the looks of it, I think Jack enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwh...what beautiful pictures! I don't think I know the song either...

    Love what you've done with the place...your blog looks so pretty!

    I have missed coming by, but am finally back up and running!

    Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun. I hope you jumped in the puddle as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to let the kids be kids and play! BTW I love the face on Wordless Wednedays photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL that is darling...I almost forgot how much fun a mud puddle can be! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know the song either but I LOVE this post. I love how much you adore your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, playing in a mudd puddle...what could be better?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I meant mud puddle, not mudd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I like your kind of puddle much better than the puddle I posted about today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little poem reminded me of a book that was read on Reading Rainbow about 15 years ago! Do they still have Reading Rainbow on Public Television stations?

    See the piggy in the puddle
    in the muddy little puddle
    see the piggy in the middle of the muddy little puddle... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for these lyrics! my girls loved this song when they were little! we had on a cassette tape which I have searched for but cannot find .
    Can teach it to my grandson now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have searched all over for this cassette tape andrives I cannot find it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have searched all over for this cassette tape andrives I cannot find it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...