Monday, August 23, 2010

A Little More of Our Trip

I thought I would share a little more of our trip to California.
This was my view most of the time. There sure is a lot of driving involved with trucking....


We did get to rent a car for a couple days and have some fun time. I loved Pier 39. The shops are so much fun. It was terribly crowded the day we went but I didn't care. Crowds don't deter me from shopping.



We stopped to tour the Winchester Mystery House. I absolutely loved this place. If you haven't heard about it I suggest you search it online and read up on it. It was so weird, yet interesting.


Then we were back in the truck. Coming from such a small town with only a few stop lights, this traffic always amazes me.



This part of the trip home was one of my favorites. The landscape was absolutely beautiful. I took way too many pictures through here and they all look the same.
Gorgeous.


We made a pitstop at Devil's Canyon. The parking lot was small and we didn't really know what we were stopping at. We walked down the trail to the edge and this is what we saw. I know the picture doesn't do it ANY justice. It was truly breathtaking.


We saw this little guy when we were there.


Then we turned and this big guy was standing there looking at us. He actually started walking towards us for quite a ways before he finally took off up the hill.


Back on the road again. Only about a day and a half of driving left until we are home.


20 comments:

  1. Glad you shared more of your road trip! Great pics. I loved Pier 39, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great job...you get to see so much of the country and God's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures. looks like you had a lot of beautiful scenery on your trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm intrigued, I think I'll go check out that mystery house. Glad you enjoyed your trip, at least you had a nice "high" view up there in that cab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pics! Looks like a great trip! My dad was a long haul trucker when I was a kid and I got to go with him quite a few times on the road. This post brings back memories!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great photographs, each one is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to ride in a big truck like that! Sounds like a fun time with the hub too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!
    ...and your flowered toes look smashing!!

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love taking road trips ......so much to see!! Love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pictures of your trip out west! Thanks for visiting my blog. Where in Wisconsin do you live? Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! Is that the winchester house that has all of the stairways that lead to no where?
    I will let you know what I find out about the website. I promise.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super trip! How nice that you can go along. I bet you saw a lot of beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pictures! I have been to California but none of the other western states. After seeing a few bloggers' pictures, I'm thinking I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have wanted to go to the Winchester mystery house for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh man I love all the pictures. I would love to see out west. I have never been any farther west than Indiana...okay so I guess that not very far!
    I would love to see those canyons and that ram in person. I bet it was breath taking!!!! I am so jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun! I love driving out west (well, maybe not in the cities!) as it's so pretty. Out east, the trees just clutter everything up so you can't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, you were in my neck of the woods! :o) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! I think I would love the Mystery house as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what beautiful photos!! I watched a history channel special on the Winchester house and how it was haunted..It was so cool! I'm jealous you got to see it! It talked about all the hidden passge ways and weird floor plans too! so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like fun! I love trip photos! Your feet are pretty...mine not so much! No feet photos on my blog! haha

    Hey is your hubs related to Don by chance? I worked with a Don with that last name at Allied...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...