Monday, June 7, 2010

Brats, Hamburgers, and "Stuff" for Sale

The past couple weeks have been pretty busy around here. Summer seems like it does that to a person. But I'll take it!

On Friday we had a Brat fry for our church. Around here, there are brat frys every Friday. This year I've actually seen them on Thursdays and Saturdays too. I guess Wisconsonites love their brats!

We did have hamburgers also for people like me who actually don't like brats. (Shhh...don't tell anyone I don't eat them)

Here's our cook for the day. Bless her heart. She stood at that grill for 8 hours and cooked.

And one more shot of our booth. It started our pouring rain when we got there but turned out to be a beautiful day. Much better than the scorching heat we dealt with last year.

We also had a garage sale this weekend. It takes a few days to set up since we have about 8 families that go together every year. It's a lot of work but we have fun with it too.


I feel like my house is a bit lighter since I hauled a couple truckloads of boxes to Tracy's for the sale. It's amazing what I find that I don't want anymore. This year I went through about 10 totes that I had in the basement of Tracy and Andy's things. That was pretty interesting and fun to find all of those treasures.


And of course it rained almost the whole weekend so my grass is going to have to be baled when I finally get the chance to mow it!


17 comments:

  1. I don't eat those things either...give me a burger with mayo, pickles & onion please!

    I SO need to have a yard sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a burger girl as well! So your secret is safe with me!! And we ♥ summer too! I need to have a garage sale very badly...get rid of all these other people's treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, busy weekend.

    I'm a burger gal myself. yummy!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked like a fun day! I love garage sales.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Around here they cook mutton...and chicken for those like me who don't like the mutton! LOL Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, those brats and burgers look delish!
    I know what you mean about loading up boxes of stuff for sales- I sometimes wonder how on earth I got all this "stuff". And, we had rain all weekend long, too. Put a major damper on our outdoor painting project. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you did well with the Garage sale...I don't really like brats either but they smell good while cooking. That grass picture is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend. And how can you not eat brats? Yum...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a busy girl! Sounds like fun to me!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whether you like burgers or brats, those church meals are alot of fun. Fun to help with, fun to eat at, fun to visit with people. Definitely a win-win situation. We have a lot of church Fish Frys up here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love garage sale shopping ~ and garage sale hosting!!! One mans junk is another mans treasure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Jules it sounds like a successful weekend! The Brats looked delicious. Jake and I cook ours in beer first and then grill.
    Summer can be exhausting!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not crazy about brats either, but I do love how they smell when they're sizzling on the grill. I'll take a hamburger anyday. And don't forget the cheese! No respectable Wisconsinite should be caught at a picnic without it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love brats!!! But, I am a total burger girl too!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!

    And how nice to get rid of stuff, isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a total veggie burger kind of girl!! Or maybe a vegge brat:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the visit to my blog! Had to come say hello and would love to follow and get to know you! :)

    Your family is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've ever eaten a brat. I don't think those are popular in the South. I love burgers though and those looked yummy! I hope your garage sale went well!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...