Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Apple Trees

We planted 14 apple trees in our back lawn. We have way too much lawn to mow anyway. But I guess now we still have to mow, just around all those trees. That's ok, I love having a yard full of trees. These trees were grown from seeds by Brian's dad. Almost all of our trees in our yard are from him. I think that is really cool. It took Kylee a long time to dig all those holes....

She dug and dug.

And dug.

She worked really hard.

Then Brian took the small tiller and worked some peat moss into the soil.


When the hole was dug, Kylee decided that she wanted to be planted like the trees.


I wonder how long it will take her to reach 30 feet?


Finally we got to put the trees in. This was Kylee's favorite part. She loves planting things.

Every tree had to be perfected before we could move on to the next.

After about 3 hours of planting, this is what we found her doing. I think she started to get bored with the tree thing.

And a parting shot.....................

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, that one picture taken from above her looks like you buried her in the ground :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...