Friday, January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday

I don't know where to start with this picture. It confuses me. In the picture: Me, my cousin Connie, and my sister Patti.

Let's start with me. The huge flowered "thing" I am wearing, the hat, and the huge sunglasses. What? Then there's Connie. That lovely orange hat, I think the red shirt she has on is stuffed, and of course....the Qtip mustache. And finally Patti. I guess if you can't find anything else....just tie some pajamas around your head. A person had to entertain yourself back then, no cable TV, computers, or cell phones.

I would say we were playing "dress up" but I think we are a bit old for that! I just honestly can't even explain. I'm guessing this was taken around 1977. We were at my sister Deb's apartment. I was going to crop the photo a bit but I had to leave the awesome carpet and paneling in the picture. We loved to go there because it was so cool to hang out there without our parents. Since we lived out in the country on a farm where there wasn't much to do, it was always fun to go there and run around the streets of the city. Deb always told mom that she was "watching" us but I think she was too busy partying to even know where we were half the time. (sorry for telling on you Deb)

I guess you can say we were weird (I do), but we sure had a lot of fun!


23 comments:

  1. Looks like you were wearing a snuggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..... fun picture and fond memories!
    Love that carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny the things we do...that years later we can't even explain. Regardless...looks like you were having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no explanation for my actions on this day long, long ago.
    What I can tell you is, I no longer tie my pajamas on my head!!
    Isn't that a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the retro look Jules! and I certainly wouldn't say you were weird, just kids!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so damn funny. I grew up in the sticks, too and I always crack up when I remember the random nothingness that my neighbor friend and I used to do to entertain ourselves. Definitely no DVD players or video games to entertain us for hours on end.

    And you look ADORABLE in the sunglasses. Absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun picture that will always bring a smile to your face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome party apartment! Of course I was always there watching to make sure you guys didn't get into any trouble. It was probably in 1976 or 77. That thing you are wearing is my kimono and the hat was mine from Florida. I can't explain Connie or the pajamas on Patti's head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom had a kimono?!? How strange....was it Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your right Deb you were always there watching us when we were "in the apartment" it's the times we wandered around town that we needed supervision :) I don't remember this moment in my life at all, I must have blocked it out. Patti maybe you should sing on American Idol "Pants on your head, pants on your head....."

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUP, THAT CARPET IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST! KIDS USED TO USE THEIR IMAGINATIONS, A GOOD THING! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN, AND THAT CRAZY FUN IS THE BEST! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun memories! I used to dress up and sing and dance and put on plays with my cousins growing up! Those were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a crack up! Looks like those were some fun times.

    By the way, I'm a follower now and I grabbed your button for my blog as well. I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great... I love my photos I can't identify! Always makes me laugh trying to figure them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd say I was speechless, but I can't stop laughing.... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute picture! That decor is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't cousins the best? I remember so many fun times with my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe. Give it some time, fashion will come full circle again. Hehe. Looks like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar........

Sprinkler Fun

 What do we do on hot summer days without a pool?  We get out the sprinkler and have some fun!         ...